Gates and dressing rooms should be opened when you arrive (door may be pulled to but not locked) and will be locked after you have left. Please contact Grounds Volunteer to make arrangements for key collection.
|Women’s teams – Sunday NWSWF games at Thornleigh Oval: Thornleigh Oval is considered a NWSWF ground on Sundays when scheduled. The two teams associated with the first game are responsible to dress the ground. The two teams associated with the last game on the day are responsible to undress the ground.|
MiniRoos Fields (U8, U9, U10 & U11).
There are 2 mid size pitches, which run East/West and are clearly marked on the field. The pitches are to be dressed the same way.
- Make sure the volunteers arrive at least 45 minutes before the first game.
- Minimum 4 adults are required to set up (children are welcome to help but for safety reasons there are to be a minimum of 4 adults).
- Nets and posts are stored in the away change shed, which is on the left hand side as you face the clubhouse.
- There is 1 small black wheelie bin, which contains 2 nets and large metal pegs to secure the goalposts. You will also need 12 posts with red flags (6 for each oval).
- Goalposts are stored in the metal cage near the brick wall on the oval (to the left as you enter the oval). The gate to the cage will also be unlocked by 7.30am.
- Move the goalposts into place on each oval. Use the large metal pins to secure the posts to the ground. This is important for safety reasons.
- Nets are simply placed over the goalposts, then secured using the velcro tape provided.
- Each oval is to have 4 corner posts, plus 1 post on each side of halfway (note that halfway posts are to be a metre from the side of the pitch).
- Remove the nets and place back in the bin with the large metal pins. Ensure all metal pins are removed from the goalposts as they are dangerous if left on the oval, and the club will be fined by council.
- Remove the 12 flags and put them back in the away dressing room with the bin. Close the door and bolt it (it will be locked by a committee member later in the day).
- Put the goalposts back in to the metal cage (it will be locked by a committee member later in the day)
Full Size Pitch (U12 - Seniors)
- The equipment will be stored in the ‘home’ dressing room (East side, closest to the forest). Please ensure you only use this dressing room so they are not mixed up with the equipment for the other field.
- Allow 4 adults 45 minutes to do the setup.
- Ropes are to be run down 1 side of the oval (usually the side near the cricket nets).
- All equipment to be returned to the ‘home’ dressing room and the door closed.