Gates and dressing rooms should be opened when you arrive and will be locked after you have left.
Minis Side Fields (U6 & U7)
- Minimum 4 adults required.
- 4 plastic mini goalposts are kept in the ‘away’ dressing room (closest to the stairs).
- 2 goalpost is placed at either end of the Minis field.
- For more information on SSG field layout see MiniRoos National Playing Formats and Rules.
- The steel barriers near the fence at either end of the main field are placed in a line between the main field and the Minis field. These protect Minis players, but ensure they are not too close to the main oval (i.e. in line with the back of the main field goal nets).
- Don’t put the barriers directly behind the main oval goalposts as this area already has cover.
- The Minis field are not quite the proper size. They are a compromise to fit them on either end of the main field. This compromise allows us to have Minis games at Normanhurst, saving the parents travelling too far. They also encourage supporters to be part of the Normo community and patron the canteen.
When the last match is completed, place the steel barriers back near the fence and move the goalposts near the clubhouse but DON’T put them in the dressing room (this may be used in the afternoon) - the goalposts will be put away by the last senior team in the afternoon.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND CONTACTS
Please ensure the instructions are followed otherwise the club may be fined for non compliance with GHFA requirements. It also means committee members have to do more work and there are not many of us!!
Teams who do not complete their duty correctly as per the above instructions will be rostered on again the following week.
Make sure you get enough volunteers. The more the better rather than a few people doing all the work.
Contacts 2017: Pierre Fromager 0403 957778, Darren Brownlee 0419 259 100
Full Size Pitch (U12 – Senior)
- Make sure the volunteers arrive at least 1 hour before the first game.
- Minimum 4 adults are required to set up (children are welcome to help but not counted in minimum).
- Equipment is in the ‘away’ dressing room (closest to the stairs).
- You will need 2 box nets with ropes in the black garbage bins and 6 metal poles. Nets must be secured using the ropes and pegs. Ensure there are no gaps that a ball can go through. Secure the nets to the posts using hooks (already on the nets). Secure the net to the ground using plastic pegs (do not use steel pegs).
- Place 4 flags at each corner of the field and 2 more flags halfway (these should be 1 metre back from the sideline).
- Place the 2 wooden benches on either side of halfway mark for teams to sit on (clubhouse side).
- Run the ropes on both sides of the field about 2 metres from the sidelines to keep spectators off the field.
Notes: The above instructions are related to club obligations, set by GHFA and Hornsby Council.
- The plastic pegs must be used instead of steel ones because there is a risk that metal pegs will damage underground irrigation pipes.
- The nets must be 'tight' to ensure that it is clear if a ball is in in the goal. If it passes through, the referee may interpret this as 'no goal'.
- The flags are important markers for the players on the field to see the boundaries.
- The ropes are a requirement of GHFA to help with crowd control.
- Ensure all equipment is returned to the ‘away’ dressing room. Don’t leave plastic pegs on the oval as these are dangerous for players and council workers completing maintenance.